Friday, March 30, 2007

Iran, you crazy bastard

I am sure everybody knows about the 15 Royal Navy personal that were seized by members of Iran's Revolutionary Guard. If not, check you favorite news source, you'll find something.

So far, 2 of the British Sailors have admitted to crossing the boarder. I think they were slightly prompted by Iran's government in a not so nice fashion. If you think stacking people in naked pyramids is torture, I wonder what you would call Iran's methods. I feel really sorry for the female crew member, don't forget this is a society who believes women are subservient to men in every way possible.

But how do we handle this situation?

I know some people in the right are calling for military action, going as far as taking out Iran's navy, destroying their one gas producing refinery and blockading their ports. I think this would accomplish nothing. I think the sailors would lose their lives and fuel prices would sky rocket. As it is the stated objective is to get these men and women back.

I think right now, we are taking a much more liberal approach of talking and trying to wheel and deal. But, it seems that Iran's demands are things we are not willing to meet, like handing over the five members of the Revolutionary Guard we caught in Iraq.

What do I think must happen?

Sadly, I think we have to count these men and women as lost. It breaks my heart. For some reason, it seems like Iran is egging the West to attack it. Brittan is still a force to be reckoned with in the world. It is inside the Great White Navy's area of operation, and there are a lot of pissed and board swabbies on those boats.

This is a time to ask: when did we absolve a people of actions its government takes?

Remember, in the West, we believe our government is enacting the will of the people.

Granted, it is a bit different here, where we are still allowed to protest.
A Moderate Thug

No comments: